6 Ways to Accelerate Cloud Growth in the US
The US is the largest Cloud market in the world but there is still a lot of room for new growth, services and innovation in the Cloud. Today North America generates more Cloud traffic than any other region in the world and by 2020 it will generate 3.6 zettabytes with a CAGR rate of 33%, according to Cisco Systems.
While the US holds a leadership position in the market, there are still multiple opportunities for service providers to grow their businesses and accelerate adoption of the Cloud. The IT Channel is evolving with new models while the transformation of networking to support Cloud is opening new doors to growth. Service providers have an opportunity to accelerate Cloud growth and support even greater adoption of Cloud across the US.
Here are six things I see accelerating Cloud growth in the US:
- On-Demand Connectivity Platforms - On-demand connectivity enables service providers to move faster to serve new demand and supports the deployment of innovative services. When service providers connect the Cloud at the click-of-a-button, they can rapidly turn up new services and scale them to drive growth.
- Self-Service Models – Self-service models put control in the hands of the service provider. They can procure and manage their services when and where they want. That accelerates their processes and makes it easier for them to adopt and deliver Cloud services to customers.
- Hybrid Networking – Hybrid networking models combined both traditional networks and direct connections to the Cloud over internet. This approach offers both flexibility and resilience. Users gain a higher quality of experience while service providers benefit from greater efficiency in network utilisation.
- Guaranteeing Quality of Service (QoS) and Quality of Experience (QoE) – Customers need guarantees around QoS and QoE to deliver successful Cloud services. To solve this, service providers can adopt automated platforms with comprehensive reporting and analytics features. Guaranteed QoS and QoE enable complex and demanding Cloud services and give users a consistent Cloud experience.
- Super Charging the Channel – The IT Channel model is increasing in importance with on-premises solutions being replaced with “as a Service” models. Software as a Service (SaaS) Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) are making it easier to support the needs of enterprises with OPEX-driven solutions. Opportunities for Cloud services delivered via the Channel are driving a new wave of Cloud growth.
- Turning Data Centres into Cloud Enablement Hubs – On-demand connectivity platforms provide a large opportunity for US data centre operators to transform their businesses and deliver complete Cloud solutions. These platforms can be used as a tool for operators to serve their customers Cloud demands immediately with an almost global scale. Those that expand their service portfolio beyond traditional network services, become hubs for Cloud enablement and in turn expand their role in the Cloud ecosystem.
All of these things indicate that Cloud still has plenty of room for growth and innovation. The US is the world’s leading Cloud market but that doesn’t mean it is anywhere near saturation. There’s a new wave of growth just around the corner.
Looking for a comprehensive networking platform, where you can seamlessly procure and manage global Cloud connectivity within the click-of-a-button? Learn more about our Infiny offering and contact our friendly sales people to find out how we can suit your needs.